LLT’s CPD Programmes
As part of our commitment to keep you current and updated with the latest research and implementation/best practice guidelines, we have two new CPD’s that ‘we feel’ would be beneficial but we really need ‘your’ feedback and interest to know if its what you would like to see.
Please express your interest by email to the LLT office or post on our facebook page.
1. Potential NEW CPD for currently qualified EfS Instructors
Exercise and Fitness after Stroke – ‘Life’ after STARTER – tailoring strategies for stroke impairments in gym based environments;
- Exercise and stroke research update
- Muscle physiology – spasticity, contractures, flaccidity and disorders of muscle tone
- Translating STARTER programme principles and tailoring strategies into gym based environments (and free weights V’s fixed weight equipment)
- Considerations for motivation and goal setting with stroke survivors
- Considerations for water based exercise after stroke
2. Potential NEW CPD for currently qualified CBE leaders;
The chair based exercise qualification has undergone an extensive review and update and now has an additional component (endurance) and 5 new exercises, plus a new functional model approach to adapting exercise for impairments of normal functional movement.
LLT’s ‘Sit Tall, Stand Strong’ programme has a range of brand new resources to support delivery of chair based exercise programmes to help bring existing CBE leaders up to date with the new guidelines, new endurance component and new strength exercises for older adults and disabled adults.