37 hours per week worked within the hours of 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required. Specific hours to be agreed with the successful candidate and flexible working applications can be considered alongside the needs
Starting at £10.90 per hour and agreed hourly rate dependent on experience
This role is based at one of HILS five sites (St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Letchworth, Hertford, or Hatfield) and agreed with successful candidate. Exercise sessions will be delivered to clients in their own homes and within community group settings.
HILS’ Active Ageing programme provides chair based, strength and balance, and falls prevention exercises to people in their home (one-to-one), and in group settings in the community.
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of a unique exercise programme which improves the health and wellbeing of frail, elderly, disabled, and vulnerable people. In this post, you will have direct impact in improving people’s lives by supporting your clients with exercise and motivation.
The Active Ageing Exercise Instructor will be responsible for these elements of the programme:
Complete assessments of clients’ current physical health and fitness at the start of the programme, and at the end of the programme, in order to measure progress;
Discuss the clients’ goals and objectives for the programme;
Deliver weekly sessions of chair-based or strength and balance exercises for clients in their homes;
Delivering group sessions within the community;
Encouraging clients to increase their level of physical activity, while ensuring their safety at all times.
When visiting clients in their own homes the post holder will be expected to adhere to all safety guidelines and any relevant PPE regulations.
- To communicate effectively and confidentially with clients to identify their personal fitness objectives (e.g. to increase mobility, to improve capacity for self-care) and identify their current level of physical health by completing the Active Ageing Evaluation Form
- To report any concerns about client wellbeing or ability to complete the exercises to the Active Ageing Team Leader, Health & Wellbeing Services Manager, or Exercise Specialists.
- To attend to clients in their homes and lead chair-based and strength and balance exercises, offering encouragement and support while ensuring their personal safety.
- Agree realistic goals with clients, and monitor and evaluate progression whilst continually motivating to increase adherence to the programme.
- Tailor exercise sessions as required for clients living with specific health conditions such as Parkinson’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, and those recovering from stroke.
- Maintain and regularly update client information to provide data to contribute to a timely monitoring and evaluation process.
- Ensuring that all paperwork is correctly administrated and passed on the appropriate team member to preserve client confidentiality and data protection
- Signpost clients to relevant services based on their individual needs.
- Provide a non-judgemental, understanding and caring environment for clients to share their concerns and build trust.
- Demonstrate HILS values by being conscientious and supportive of clients and other team members.
- To have regard for the duty of care of information (with particular reference to the Data Protection Act) gained during the course of employment that relates to other employees, the public, contractors, etc.
- To ensure that excellent standards of customer care and service are maintained when dealing with members of the public and internal customers.
- To take responsibility, whilst at work, to preserve and enhance health and safety. To be familiar with the health and safety aspects of the work and avoid contact which would put at risk the health and safety of clients, team members and other people including visitors, contractors and members of the public.
- To understand individual responsibilities around safeguarding our clients, and ensure that all safeguarding concerns are raised in accordance with HILS procedures.
For further details please see the attached job description.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com, or alternatively please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note-Applications will close when suitable candidates are found