This guidance is intended for anyone who works with or supports older people living in the local community, as these people are most likely to gain from strength and balance training (NICE 2013). It includes information that will help to:-
• understand why physical activity is important for older people at risk of falling
• understand why people may be at risk of a fall
• differentiate between falls risk reduction and falls prevention interventions
• identify appropriate physical activity/exercise opportunities for older people
• identify the research based exercise programmes for falls prevention
Download a copy of their 9 page guidance document here.